Preventing and Reversing Type 2 Diabetes Without Drugs
Preventing and reversing Type 2 Diabetes without drugs is nearly 100 percent attainable.
Following these guidelines can help you with at least three things that are essential for successfully treating, preventing and reversing Type 2 Diabetes – Recover your insulin/leptin sensitivity, Help normalize your weight, and Normalize your blood pressure:
- Severely limit or completely eliminate sugar and grains in your diet, especially fructose, which is far more detrimental than any other type of sugar.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise is an absolutely essential factor. Without it, it is unlikely that you will be able to get this devastating disease under control. It is one of the fastest and most powerful ways to lower your insulin and leptin resistance.
- Avoid trans fats.
- Get plenty of omega-3 fats from a high quality, animal-based source, such as krill oil.
- Optimize your vitamin D levels. Recent studies have revealed that getting enough vitamin D can have a powerful effect on normalizing your blood pressure.
- Optimize your gut flora. Your gut is a living ecosystem, full of both good bacteria and bad. The more good bacteria you have, the stronger your immune system will be and the better your body will function overall.
- Fortunately, optimizing your gut flora to reverse or treat your Type 2 Diabetes is relatively easy.
- You can re-seed your body with good bacteria by eating fermented foods (like natto, kefir, raw organic cheese, miso, and fermented vegetables) or by taking a high-quality probiotic supplement.
- Address any underlying emotional issues and/or stress.
- Get enough high-quality sleep every night.
- Monitor your fasting insulin level. This is every bit as important as your fasting blood sugar. You’ll want your fasting insulin level to be between 2 and 4. The higher your level, the worse your insulin sensitivity is.
There is simply no doubt in my mind that these drugs for Type 2 Diabetes will be removed from the market… but not for many years, possibly even decades, and likely after they have killed tens of thousands of people. But you don’t have to needlessly suffer and wait till they are formally removed; you can stop taking them now! Reversing and preventing Type 2 Diabetes is one of the simplest and most straight-forward treatments in all of medicine.
It’s important to understand that many of the conventional recommendations for reversing Type 2 diabetes are not only flawed but are also dead wrong; I discussed the reasons why in this previous article. To reverse the disease, you need to recover your body’s insulin and leptin sensitivities – the ones that are so badly upset by eating a poor diet. The ONLY way to accomplish this is through proper diet and exercise. There is NO drug that can correct leptin signaling and insulin resistance.
It will be absolutely crucial to eliminate ALL sugars and virtually all grains from your diet when reversing Type 2 Diabetes. You want to strive for an ultra-low carbohydrate diet, seeking to restrict your carbs to high fiber vegetables only. You can replace the missing carbs with high quality fats like coconut oil, which are rapidly broken down and consumed as fuel so you won’t feel as tired or fatigued when you make the transition to fat burning mode. Using intermittent fasting and restricting all your calories to a 6- to 8-hour window will also radically help your ability to transition to fat burning mode and improve your insulin and leptin signaling.
Reversing Type 2 Diabetes is not necessarily easy, but it is simple to do, without drugs. However, it gets easier and easier the more that you practice it, just like anything else. In order to avoid deadly and toxic drugs, simply change your diet, and you can reverse your Type 2 Diabetes.